Monday, February 13, 1995

Make the World Go Away

This week we ask the question, "what's the difference between ignorance and indifference?" We don't know and we don't care.

Well, I hope all of you have big Valentine's Day plans. This is a day to celebrate coupledom, partnerships, and teamwork. Nothing is more important, more special than the significant other in your life. With this in mind, the thoughtful staff on your newsletter offer the following service: a generic Valentine's card you can give to your sweetie. If you have more than one in your life, feel free to make copies of this page and share it with all! So fire up the simultini and watch the pictures as they fly through the air.



Dear ________________________________,



Today is our special day and I'm so glad we can share it together. We are like two peas in a pod, inseparable like road salt to a newly scrubbed car.



When I'm with you I'm reminded of our song, Debbie Gibson's Lost in Your Eyes. The words of which almost capture what my heart feels. "I get weak in a glance. Isn't this what's called romance? I don't know what I'm headed for. You can take me to the stars. It's like being in heaven, when I'm lost in your eyes. I just fell, don't know why. Something's there we can't deny." Profound poetry.



Cupid's aim was straight and true when he found us. If we were two major metropolitan corporations we would most certainly merge. We are like the gopher and his shadow, unpredictable. We are as connected as Minneapolis and St. Paul. My day isn't complete until I hear the dulcet tones of your voice, your laughter. And you help me understand my own voice.



You inspire me, and what greater thing can anyone do? You know the song in my heart and sing yours to me with little inhibition. I've never met anyone like you, yet it's like you've always been there, always been around. The prosecution and the defense rest when our case comes to trial.



We are like two snowflakes that fall to the floor. They say no two are exactly alike, but after they all melt, we know the common, the essence, what's left, blends perfectly together. What we share can't be separated. As thoroughly as baking soda smothers a smell you heighten all of my senses including my sense of humor.



We are like the Siskel and Ebert, the Abbott and Costello, the Rodgers and Hammerstein, the Conan and Andy, the Lennon and McCartney, the Verlaine and Rimbaud, of lovers. Salt and pepper ain't got nothing on us. We work well together, but more importantly we play well together.



On the coldest, briskest of days when you're not here, my being remains warm with thoughts of you. I could play Skipbo with you all night. Time is flying by like a cloud on a windy day. Here we stand together taking it all in. The penny may eventually lose its shine, the gold teapot may lose its luster, but for us today is like yesterday and tomorrow promises to be too.

XXOO,

No comments: