Monday, September 23, 1996

Back to Me

As silly as it seems

There are certain souls

Who know better

Who are loyal to a letter

Tho’ we never met

We were akin

To next of kin

The clitter clatter

Of paw nails on wood

The often empty stares

Only we were aware

And the windows

Where you once stood

I can relate

That peaceful state

A glance around a corner

A yelp to warn all near

You left too soon

You really did

I don’t know

How much longer

I can last

My insides seem

To being going fast

But for all the joy

I know you gave

All the love you craved

The sudden changes

That mystified you

You were a good girl

With moves that

Ended up a blur

Did all

Expected of you

The bass hand plays

A melody far too plain

But I let out a cry

Of the passing days

Gone by

Far too fast

And in the past

Goodbye Ab’ser dear

We’ll always hold you near

No comments: